Unsophisticated Extortion - Reflecting on the LAPSUS$ Group
August 1 · 22 minutes
In the first few months of 2022, the LAPSUS$ Group made a major splash in the cybersecurity headlines as it conducted a series of attacks on the likes of Nvidia, Microsoft and Okta. However a few months later, they had disappeared and arrests were reported soon afterwards.
In a new blog, Tenable’s senior research engineer Claire Tills looked at the efforts of LAPSUS$ and what its motivations were, and how it is viewed now, and joins us on this podcast to discuss the extortion group further.
- Brazen, Unsophisticated and Illogical: Understanding the LAPSUS$ Extortion Group
- Ransomware Ecosystem White Paper Download Page
- Blog on Understanding the Ransomware Ecosystem
- Webinar on the Ransomware Ecosystem report
- BBC News - Oxford teen accused of being multi-millionaire cyber-criminal
- Bleeping Computer news report on Okta attack